Dual Active Sub with Next-gen Slatefiber Woofers
This article wasWritten By
Our Product Research Team
Searching for the perfect active sub to complete your 2.1 monitoring system? The Focal Sub One design leverages cutting-edge materials and engineering to advance the state of the art in studio monitoring. This compact twin active subwoofer employs dual 8-inch woofers with Slatefiber cones developed and handcrafted in Focal’s Saint-Étienne, France-based facility. Powered by 200 watts of optimized Class D bi-amplification and engineered to deliver flat tonal balance and outstanding dynamic range, the Sub One is a versatile, robust subwoofer that will complement your modern production environment and provide the honest, accurate monitoring, high SPL, and deep low-end extension you need to produce world-class results.
Related Videos: Sub One 8-inch Powered Studio Subwoofer
Unerring accuracy, outstanding performance
At the heart of the Sub One are the new Slatefiber LF drivers. The singular characteristics of the Slatefiber material used for the cones have dramatically improved the low-frequency extension, dynamic range, and sheer impact of the Sub One as compared with its predecessors. If your projects demand high SPL and ultra-deep low-end extension, you need a Sub One — it’s a must-have add-on for your monitoring system.
You can trust Focal monitors
With their extended frequency response and precise imaging, Focal’s Sub One active studio subwoofer is engineered to reproduce your audio signal with unerring accuracy. But beyond its impressive performance, this sub is designed for flexible, seamless integration into you studio. The Sub One features a fully adjustable lowpass crossover, volume, phase polarity, and more. You also get LFE, left, and right inputs, left and right outputs, and a 2.1 low-frequency management system for optimum satellite return. Engineers at Sweetwater rely on Focal monitors to tell them the truth about what they’re recording. You can put your trust in them, too.
Focal Sub One Dual 8-inch Powered Studio Subwoofer Features:
- Long-excursion, high-efficiency subwoofer
- Frequency response: 32Hz–120Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Maximum SPL: 114dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
- Amplifier: 2 x 100W, Class D
- Fully adjustable lowpass crossover, volume, phase polarity, and more
- Slatefiber cones handcrafted in France: sonic neutrality, no distortion
- Identical tonal balance at both low and high volume
- LFE, left, and right inputs; left and right outputs
- 2.1 low-frequency management system for optimum satellite return
- Protective grille included
Sweetwater’s FREE 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty
Extra peace of mind at no extra cost.
- Save money with FREE parts and labor
- Get back to making music with the industry’s fastest turnaround time
- Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department