Focal’s Next-gen Alpha 50 Evo
This article wasWritten By
Our Product Research Team
Sweetwater is excited to present to you the next generation of Focal’s Alpha series monitors. The Alpha 50 Evo design leverages cutting-edge materials and engineering to advance the state of the art in studio monitoring. This compact active 2-way monitor employs a 1-inch aluminum tweeter and a 5-inch woofer with a Slatefiber cone developed and handcrafted in Focal’s Saint-Étienne, France, facility. Powered by 50 watts of optimized Class D bi-amplification and engineered to deliver flat tonal balance and outstanding dynamic range, the Alpha 50 Evo is designed from the ground up for improved performance over previous-generation Alpha monitors. The Focal Alpha 50 Evo is a versatile, robust speaker system that will complement your modern production environment and provide the honest, accurate monitoring you need to produce world-class results.
Unerring accuracy, outstanding performance
At the heart of the Alpha 50 Evo is the new Slatefiber LF driver. The singular characteristics of the Slatefiber material used for the cone have dramatically improved the low-frequency extension, dynamic range, and sheer impact of the Alpha 50 Evo as compared with its Alpha series predecessor. In addition, the 1-inch aluminum inverted dome tweeter has been updated to convey the most minute nuances in playback material with pinpoint precision — without a hint of harshness or the listening fatigue associated with many high-definition tweeter designs.
You can trust Focal monitors
With their extended frequency response and precise imaging, Focal’s Alpha 50 Evo 2-way active studio monitor is engineered to reproduce your audio signal with unerring accuracy. But beyond its impressive performance, this monitor is designed for flexible, seamless integration into you studio. The Alpha 50 Evo features rear-panel HF/LF shelving to optimize the system for any acoustic environment; and in addition to balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs, it offers the energy-saving convenience of Focal’s automatic standby mode, which cuts power after 30 minutes of inactivity. Engineers at Sweetwater rely on Focal monitors to tell them the truth about what they’re recording. You can, too.
Focal Alpha 50 Evo 5-inch Powered Studio Monitor (Each) Features:
- Optimized LF extension, dynamic range, and sheer impact
- Frequency response: 45Hz–22kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Maximum SPL: 101dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
- Mid-/low-frequency amplifier: 30W, Class D
- High-frequency amplifier: 20W, Class D
- Wide dispersion for accurate sound throughout the room
- HF/LF shelving optimizes the system for any acoustic environment
- Slatefiber cone handcrafted in France: sonic neutrality, no distortion
- Identical tonal balance at both low and high volume
- Connect up to 3 audio sources
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- Automatic standby mode after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Inserts for wall fastening; protective grilles included
Sweetwater’s FREE 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty
Extra peace of mind at no extra cost.
- Save money with FREE parts and labor
- Get back to making music with the industry’s fastest turnaround time
- Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department