A Top-tier Sub for Your Studio
This article wasWritten By
Our Product Research Team
Ultra-precise monitoring is a crucial part of pro-level audio production. Focal’s Sub12 offers exactly that. This powered studio subwoofer delivers unprecedented definition, unrivaled dynamics, and 600 watts of room-shaking sub-bass — everything you need to get inside your mix’s low end. Sub12 is loaded with Focal’s vaunted composite sandwich “W” cone, plus a large laminar port for distortion-free low-frequency reproduction. Sub12 features an automatic, defeatable standby mode, plus a convenient carry handle. If you demand top-of-the-line monitoring for your mix room, then Focal’s Sub12 is an excellent, high-quality solution.
“W” composite sandwich cone and large laminar port
Sub12 takes advantage of Focal’s “W” composite sandwich cone. The unique characteristics of the cone permits optimization of the frequency response curve, thanks to the total control of three key parameters: lightness, rigidity, and damping. Sub12 also employs a large laminar port, which is completely devoid of unwanted port noises and distortion. Here at Sweetwater, we’ve found that Sub12 sounds amazingly dynamic, has an excellent definition, and has an extremely low distortion rate.
Focal Sub12 13-inch Powered Studio Subwoofer Features:
- Delivers 600W RMS of room-shaking sub-bass
- “W” composite sandwich cone permits optimization of the frequency response curve
- Large laminar port is completely devoid of unwanted port noises and distortion
- Energy-saving automatic, defeatable standby mode
- Convenient carry handle
Sweetwater’s FREE 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty
Extra peace of mind at no extra cost.
- Save money with FREE parts and labor
- Get back to making music with the industry’s fastest turnaround time
- Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department